Spiders have their purpose in this world, just not in your home. Spiders are common in homes during warm weather, although they can be found indoors any time. Their numbers usually peak during late summer and fall, during their mating season.
There are some spiders we need to be wary of: brown recluse, black widow, hobo and yellow sacks. Black widows especially like crawl spaces in homes. If the wrong kind of spider bites a person or pet, you could have a real problem. The best solution to spider control is prevention.
Most spiders will be found outside your home in grass or wood piles, or in darker places like inside the garage or under your deck. So it’s very important to inspect the areas you frequent outside your home for spider infestation.
Equally important is to inspect potential access points into your home. Chances are that if a spider is inside your home, it’s looking for food and following other insects inside.
How To Keep Spiders Out
- Indoors, regular house cleaning provides adequate spider control.
- Vacuum up the spider and its web.
- Prevent clutter buildup that can provide hiding places.
- Remove spider webs from the exterior of the house with a broom or high pressure hose.
- Indoors, squash spiders or capture them in a jar and release them outdoors.
Professional Extermination Method
Based on the outcome of the initial inspection, in Berrett Pest Control we will develop the best treatment plan in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, Colorado Springs and Denver to eliminate the spiders you have and prevent them from returning.